04 Dec Healthy yoghurt cake with cherries
HEALTHY YOGHURT CAKE WITH CHERRIES
I don’t know how it is with you but I have these months when I eat the same all the time and then suddenly I totally change the ingredients I ate. When that happens I usually have some ingredients that just lays in a fridge and at some point I need to use them for sth. Well today that happened with Greek yoghurt so I tried to make a Yoghurt cake with cherries, delicious cake – mixture between pudding and cake. Delicious.
That kind of desserts are usually best when warm but this one is the best when it’s cold.
10 minutes, bake 50 minutes on 180 Celsius
NUTRITION VALUE (without shredded coconut):
110 calories / piece out of 16 pieces (3.25g fats, 13.5g carbs, 7g proteins)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAKE
- 200g spelt flour
- 7g of baking powder (or use self raising flour)
- 20g shredded coconut (optional)
- 1,5 tbsp sweetener of your choice (I use Sugar Sweet 1:10)
- 2 eggs
- 650g low fat Greek yoghurt
- 50g coconut oil
- 1 lemon zest
- 10 drops white chocolate essence (you can use vanilla essence too)
- 1 tbsp of rum
- 300g frozen cherries (you can use other fruit too)
PREPARATION OF THE CAKE
- With electric mixer mix eggs and sweetener.
- Slowly start adding coconut oil, rum, white chocolate essence, yoghurt, lemon zest and coconut)
- In other bowl mix flour and baking powder and slowly add to the wet mixture (mix all the time with a spoon so there won’t be any lumps).
- ¾ of the batter pour into a baking tray covered with baking paper (mine is size 20x30cm)
- Now add cherries and cover with the rest of the dough.
- *I unfroze the cherries and add them juice of half lemon and 1 tbps of sweetener Sugar Sweet
- Bake 50 minutes on 180 Celsius (or until golden brown)
Joghurt cake is really easy to make dessert. If you serve it to your guest sprinkle some powdered sugar on it (I use the one with Stevia), you can even prepare some forest fruit topping.
TOPPING INGREDIENTS (for two pieces)
- 2 tbsp frozen forest fruit
- Pinch of Guar gum
Unfroze the fruit in microwave, add guar gum, mix and pour over the cake.