04 Jan Egg white cake recipe
EGG WHITE CAKE RECIPE – EGG WHITE CAKE WITH COCONUT FILLING
So a while ago I bought 1000ml of egg whites. I was really so excited about baking with them as I can’t buy them in just any store here in Slovenia. But then time passed by so fast and I didn’t have time for baking and cooking. So a few weeks later I had to “invent” a recipe where I will use about 500ml of egg whites. Well first I went to Google to help me but couldn’t find anything I liked so I had a talk with my dad and we came up with an idea how to make an egg white cake with a delicious coconut filling. To be honest I wasn’t really sure that this egg white cake recipe will actually work but it did. The cake was absolutely delicious and did I mention that the whole egg white cake with coconut filling had only 1200 calories and one piece only 1.5 grams of fat?
So lets get started.
15minutes, bake 30minutes
NUTRITION VALUE (around 12 big pieces) :
100kcal/piece (10g proteins, 12g carbs, 1.5g fats)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH
- 450ml egg whites
- 1,5 tbsp sweetener by your choice (I use Stevia)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 180g spelt flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence drops
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp rum
PREPARATION OF THE DOUGH
- Mix egg whites with sweetener to get a creamy, fluffy texture.
- In other bowl mix flour, baking powder, rum, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Slowly add egg white mixture and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray (mine is around 35x20cm).
- Bake 30 minutes on 180 Celsius
INGREDIENTS FOR A FILLING
- 30g shredded coconut
- 400g low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp sweetener by your choice
Mix all the ingredients.
When the cake is cooled down, cut it in half and put filling on bottom half.
Cover with other half and put in a fridge.